Ways to Change IP Address on Windows (Free IP Changer Download Included)
IP bans can be annoying and is there any way to avoid IP bans? Yes. There are many ways to change your public IP on Windows: you can reset your modem; connect with a different device; use a proxy; use a VPN; change IP address of your PC on the network. Changing IP can solve many online issues related to restriction and bans.
1. Unplug your modem and wait for several minutes (5 mins recommended). Then, reconnect the modem and check the public IP. If it hasn't changed, unplug the modem again and wait longer (several hours or overnight).
2. Connect with a different device (normally a router); or you can just connect your PC directly to the modem. Before you do that, make sure that you shut everything down and disconnect your computer.
3. Contact your ISP. Sometimes your ISP will assign you a static IP address. You need to contact their technical support to change it.
4. Masking your IP address with a proxy will display a different IP address for your connection, often from a different city or country.
5. Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service. VPN free is recommended to change IP address. It is just like a free IP changer and can be turned on and off easily. It can do more than hiding IP. It protects you from hacker activities and lets you bypass various restrictions and censorships. Here is a reliable free VPN that can be used without any limitation.
More Useful Tips: